Vowel Boot Camp is a segment from Between the Lions. It makes the recurring character of Sergeant Mark, known as the exclamation point. Sergeant Mark tells the Vowel Squad to make a word. The vowel makes it short in the three-letter word, and the vowel makes it long in the four-letter word with 2 vowels, and the silent E. When two vowels go in the four-letter word, they sing, "When two vowels stand side by side, the first one says its name with pride." When silent E makes it in the four-letter word at the end, they sing, "When E on the end plays a no-talking game, the vowel before it says its name."
A, E, I, O, U
Sometimes Y's a vowel, too
Sound off-- A, E
Sound off-- I, O, U
Sound off-- A, E, I, O, U
- Camp Gummy-Wummy-Cutie-Pie - cut/cute - u
- Camp Hoppa-Woppa-Coppa-Nope - not/note - o
- Camp Nappy-Packy-Wacky-Lake - man/main - a
- Camp Itty-Bitty-Kitty-Time - rip/ripe - i
- Camp Easy-Peasy-Eat-a-Lot - bet/beat - e
- Humph! Humph! Humph!
- Bobby the Hopping Robot
- Oh, Yes, It Can!
- The Spider and the Lie
- The Chess Mess
- Stop That Chicken!
- Pigs in Hiding/Stop That Pickle!
- The Popcorn Popper/Oh, Yes, It Can!
Words by Sergeant Mark
- Camp Gummy-Wummy-Cutie-Pie - cut
- Camp Hoppa-Woppa-Coppa-Nope - note/not
- Camp Nappy-Packy-Wacky-Lake - main man
- Camp Itty-Bitty-Kitty-Time - rip/ripe
- Camp Easy-Peasy-Eat-a-Lot - bet/beat