Vowel Boot Camp is a segment from Between the Lions. It makes the recurring character of Sergeant Mark, known as the exclamation point. The vowel makes it short in the three letter word, and the vowel makes it long in the four letter word with two vowels, and the silent E. When two vowels go in the four letter word, they sing, "When two vowels stand side by side, the first one says its name with pride." When silent E makes it in the four letter word at the end, they sing, "When E on the end plays a no-talking game, the vowel before it says its name."
Segments[edit | edit source]
- man/main - a (Oh Yes, It Can!)
- bet/beat - e (The Chess Mess/Help!)
- rip/ripe - i (The Spider and the Lie/Pigs Are Hiding, Stop That Pickle)
- not/note - o (Bobby The Hopping Robot/Stop That Chicken!)
- cut/cute - u (Humph! Humph! Humph!/Three More Little Pigs, Ants And The Grasshoper)
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Humph! Humph! Humph!
- Bobby The Hopping Robot
- Oh Yes, It Can!
- The Spider and the Lie
- The Chess Mess
- Stop That Chicken!
Words[edit | edit source]