Season 4 of Between the Lions premiered on September 15, 2003, and ended on September 19, 2003.
- Episode 1: Art Party
- Episode 2: Grow, Mane, Grow!
- Episode 3: Three Goats, No Waiting
- Episode 4: Step by Step
- Episode 5: Dance in Smarty Pants
- Pam Arciero
- Anthony Asbury
- Heather Asch
- Jennifer Barnhart
- Jim Kroupa
- Tim Lagasse
- Peter Linz (recycled segments only)
- Jim Napolitano
- Matt Vogel
- This season was filmed alongside Season 3, but was held back for unknown reasons. As a result, it is the shortest season of the series.
- During the season, the letters I and U are absent.
- This is the last appearance of the two short vowels "a" and "e".
- This is the last appearance of "oa"
- The word families are "ack", "ad", "ake", "ale", "ame", "ant", "ape", "ar", "ark", "arn", "ase", "ay", "ed", "ep", "et", "oak", "oast", and "oat".
- This is the last season where Tim Lagasse portrays Theo, as Peter Linz would return to the role in Season 5.
- This is the last season filmed in New York City. Production moved to Mississippi in Season 5.
- This is the last season under the show's original format. After this season aired, the show went on hiatus until 2005, and returned with a much different format.
- Barnaby B. Busterfield III, Walter and Clay Pigeon, and Martha Reader and The Vowelles stop making new appearances after this season, but occasionally resurface in repeated segments. Click disappears for a while, as well, but she returns in Season 9.