"And now, it's time for... Gawain's Word! Gawain's Word!"
A Wayne's World spoof featuring 2 jousting knights on "horseback" charging at each other, 1 silver & 1 gold, each touting a speech balloon containing part of a word which then became their respective names, then demonstrating the word. For example, one skit featured "Sir D" (silver) & "Sir Ance" (gold). Then Gawain says, "Blend on, dudes!" when it's time to put the 2 halves together. When Sir D bumps into Sir Ance. their speech balloons meld together to form the word "dance". Then they react to the word, by dancing. The knights' steeds were actually hobby horses, an homage to the Pythons' use of look alike "animals" in Monty Python & the Holy Grail.
In Season 6, segments instead took place at "Blend Mart", where the 2 knights charge at each other with shopping carts to form a word.
- wet (Pecos Bill Cleans Up the West, The Hopping Hen & A Peck of Peppers)
- tickle (Little Big Mouse & Lionel's Great Escape Trick)
- shark (Shooting Stars)
- snooze (Touching the Moon)
- jig (The Boy Who Cried Wolf)
- hug (Fuzzy Wuzzy, Wuzzy?, Hug, Hug, Hug!, Giants and Cubs & Pigs, Pigs, Pigs! / The Three Little Pigs)
- dance (Lionel's Antlers, The Old Man & Ruby Sings the Blues / The Camel Dances)
- slip (To the Ship! To the Ship!, Sausage Nose, & The Noisy Morning)
- crash (The Chap with Caps)
- hop (Pandora's Box, The Popcorn Popper, The Fox and the Crow, Be Bop & The Popcorn Popper/Oh, Yes, It Can!)
- cry (There's a Fly in My Soup & Click, Clack, Moo / The Little Red Hen)
- slam (The Ram in the Pepper Patch)
- sleep (Red Hat, Green Hat)
- stuck (The Lucky Duck & A Shower of Stars / Two Moons and One Lagoon)
- smack (Piggyback, Piggyback)
- jump (Humph! Humph! Humph! & Huff and Puff)
- Rain Flying Around the library (The Good Seed)
- weep (The Good Seed & Are You a Snail?/Wonderful Worms)
- sing (Icarus's Wings)
- hoop (Zoop! Zoop!, Too Cool & Click, Clack, Moo / The Little Red Hen)
- kick (Clickety-Clack, Clickety-Clack!)
- paint (Poetry Day, Sylvester and the Magic Pebble / I Miss You, Stinky Face & Elephants Can Paint, Too!/Jamaica Louise James)
- dress (Pebble Trouble, Quest, Quest, Quest! & Pablo the Artist/Dream Carver)
- scratch (Oh, Yes, It Can!)
- spin (Five, Six, and Thistle Sticks, Pigs Aplenty & The Class Trip)
- juggle (Bug Beard & The Three Legged Pot/When Jabo Jammed)
- chime (The Spider and the Lie)
- broom (Why the Baboon's Balloon Went Ka-boom!)
- tug (But, Mama, But...)
- tag (Rats)
- sweep (Tweet! Tweet!)
- night (Good Night, Knight & Bear Snores On/Night in the Country)
- golf (Stop That Chicken!)
- bow (Out in Outer Space)
- net (Help! & Step by Step)
- soak (Two Coats, One Goat and One Boat, Three Goats, No Waiting, The Carrot Seed / The Empty Pot & The Goat in the Coat)
- creak (Treats!)
- dark (Art Party)
- chase (Grow, Mane, Grow, A Tasty Piece of Cheese / The Lion and the Mouse & The Problem with Chickens/An Egg is Quiet)
- fan (Dance in Smarty Pants!, Earl's Too Cool / When I Was Five, The Popcorn Popper/Oh, Yes, It Can! & Fang)
- kitty (Mrs. McNosh Hangs Up Her Wash/Knuffle Bunny & I Don't Want a Birthday Party/Knuffle Bunny)
- straw (Sheep on a Ship/Mississippi Skip and his Pirate Ship)
- yo-yos (Yo! Yes?/Very Loud, Very Big, Very Metal & Bein' with You This Way / How to Be)
- vines (Yo! Yes?/Very Loud, Very Big, Very Metal)
- box (I'll Fix Anthony / Jamaica Louise James)
- shorts (Cheesybreadville / Stolen Smells & Making Bread/Cheesybreadville)
- toys (Cheesybreadville / Stolen Smells)
- Cheering Guys
- Silver Knight
- Gold Knight
- Red Cheerleaders
- Blue Cheerleaders
List of Words
- Main article: Gawain's Word/List of Words
Words or Without Words by Gawain
- bet - wet/net
- tickled - tickle/kick
- mark - shark/dark
- soon - snooze/soon
- thing-a-ma-jig - jig
- dance - dance
- hip/slip - slip
- hop - hop
- try/cry - cry
- weep - beep
- stuck - stuck
- pumped - jump
- deep - weep
- swing - sing
- whoop - hoop
- complain - paint
- stress/guess - dress
- catch - scratch
- finished - spin
- snuggle - juggle
- crime - chime
- plug - tug
- drag - tag
- jeepers creepers - sweep
- nighty-night - night
- holler - golf
- bow - cow
- groan/see - soak
- sneak - creak
- erase - chase
- fantastic - fan
- next - nap
- very - kitty
- awful/stop - straw
- yo! - yo-yos
- hasta la vista - vines
- expect - box
- shy - shorts
- joy - toys
- Main article: Gawain's Word/Gallery
- Gawain: Excellent. Gawain here once again at Blending Fields, where 2 brave knights in armor will charge together at high speed & make a word. Competing today (on your left) we have sir (silver) (Cheerleaders: Yay (red)) & (on your right) sir (gold) (Cheerleaders: Yay (blue)). Blend on, dudes!
- Gawain: Excellent. Gawain here today at Blend Mart, where 2 brave knights in armor with shopping carts will charge together at high speed, make a word & go shopping. Competing today we have sir (silver) & (on your right) sir (gold). Blend on, shopping dudes!
- Cheerleaders: Yay (red & blue).
- Gawain: Excellent! That's Gawain's word for today as this is Gawain saying [variable line for the involved suffix]
- Announcer: And now it’s time for…
- Gawain: “Gawain’s Word!” (2x)
- Gawain: See you next time on…, when I see you next time on…, to see you next time on…, cause I'll see you next time on…, I'll see you next time on…, and I'll see you next time on…, we'll see you next time on…, and we'll see you next time on… or swing on by next time on… “Gawain’s Word!” (2x)
Notes and Trivia
- The archive clip of Gawain's Word: Stuck a flies around during the Theme Music.
- In the "dark" sketch, when the 2 knights crash into each other, the sky turns dark. The end result also has a dark sky.
- 2 versions of the "smack" sketch exist, 1 in which the crowd cheering plays followed by a clip of the knights running up to each other smacking themselves in the head & falling flat on the ground with the "smack" oval on top & Gawain says "Smack! Excellent!", & another where the clips are removed due to violence. The latter was used on the 2001 VHS of "Piggyback, Piggyback" and on all DVD releases for this episode.
- The archive clip of Unknown Gawain’s Word Segment flies around during the virus in The Good Seed.
- It appears to be Gawain's Word: Rain, which could be a segment made but never seen on episodes.
- In the segment of Gawain's Word, jump has the same segment as Blending Bowl.
- In the Blend Mart sketch, the knights make their sound three times have the same sound such as Blending Bowl.
- This is a parody of Wayne's World.