|Yo! Yes?/Very Loud, Very Big, Very Metal|
|Season 6, Episode 83|
|Air date||May 1, 2006|
Episode 82: Sheep on a Ship/Mississippi Skip and his Pirate Ship
Episode 84: I'll Fix Anthony / Jamaica Louise James
Yo! Yes?/Very Loud, Very Big, Very Metal is the 83rd episode of Between the Lions.
|SCENE 1||Lionel shows Leona a book called Yo! Yes? about a boy who wants to befriend another boy.|
|Insert||The grey hand takes the letter "Y" from the word "Yes!"|
|Animation||Television: yell, yellow, yo-yo|
|Film||Gawain's Word: yo-yos|
|Celebrity||Fred Says: yo-yo|
|Puppets||B.B. the King of Beasts sings Troubled by the Letter Y (EKA: There's a Fly in My Soup)|
|Film||Real Kids: Kids Say Words That Begin with the Letter Y [yum, yarn, yo-yo, yardstick, yacht, yellow]|
|Puppets||Reginald Livingston Seagull: Yellow|
|Celebrity||Patty Loveless and Buddy Jewell sing "I Got a Reason to Read" (EKA: Mrs. McNosh Hangs Up Her Wash/Knuffle Bunny)|
|Puppets||Dunderhead Lab with Dr. Nitwhite and Watson: Words with the Short E (EKA: The Hopping Hen)|
|Insert||The grey hand puts the "Y" back from the word, "Yes!".|
|SCENE 2||Lionel tells Leona there's a new book in the library, with yodeling!|
|Cartoon||The Adventures of Cliff Hanger: Cliff Hanger and the Yodeling Yellow Yak|
|SCENE 2 (cont'd)||Leona doesn't like the book, and walks away|
|SCENE 3||Leona has a surprise for Lionel, a music video all about construction equipment, entitled "Very Loud, Very Big, Very Metal!"! Once it's done, Lionel goes to look for a book about some of the equipment.|
|Insert||The grey hand removes the letter "v" from the word "very".|
|Film||Magnets: van, vane, vine|
|Film||Gawain's Word (again): vines|
|Puppets||Monkey Cheerleaders: vehicles|
|Film||At the Library (A to Z)|
|Puppets/Cartoon||Reginald Livingston Seagull (again): The Construction Vehicle|
|Film||Real Kids (again): Kids Say Words That Begin with the Letter V [visor, venetian blind, violin, vest, vacuum cleaner, vending machine, vase, volcano, video game]|
|Celebrity||Fred Says (again): vacuum|
|Insert||The grey hand puts the "v" back from the word "very".|
|SCENE 4||Since Lionel loved Leona's surprise so much, he shows her something with something she loves - birds.|
|Cartoon||Fun with Chicken Jane: Chicken Jane and the Vulture|
|SCENE 4 (cont'd)||Leona loves Lionel's surprise, and reenacts her favorite part (when the vulture shaved Chicken Janes' head) with Lionel.|
- Cliff Hanger: (reading from his trusty survival manual) 'If you hear two scientists yakking about a yodeling yellow yak, put on a yellow yak costume and start yodeling.' Why didn't I think of that?
- Leona: Yo! Yes?
- Lionel: Right?
- Leona: Author?
- Lionel: Chris Raschka
- Leona: Illustrator?
- Lionel: Chris Raschka
- Leona: Talented.
- This is the second episode of the season to teach the letter Y. The first was Mrs. McNosh Hangs Up Her Wash/Knuffle Bunny. However, that episode tought Y as a vowel, while this one tought it as a consonant.
- During "Very Loud, Very Big, Very Metal", the second shot of the man a shovel like a guitar standing next to a dump truck is mirrored and also, the second shot of the man playing air guitar standing in front of a cement mixer and the shot of the garbage truck are used twice (the second mentioned shot being replayed immediately after it is shown), only mirrored, so, as a result on the former two, both men (who are obviously right-handed) are playing left-handed and the text on the mixer and dump truck is flipped and backwards.
- The title of the song (and episode) is "Very Loud, Very Big, Very Metal", but Leona incorrectly says it as "Very Big, Very Loud, Very Metal".
- The song is said to be about construction equipment (construction vehicles (which is what it is said to be just about, when it's more than that) and tools (arc welder, drill, chainsaw and so on, as well as machine tools like lathes) and other construction equipment), when it's actually about that stuff, but also about non-construction vehicles like emergency vehicles like fire trucks and police cars, garbage trucks, hot dog trucks and pickup trucks, and lawn tools like a lawnmower.