|It's Red! It's Green!/Joesph Had a Little Overcoat|
|Season 5, Episode 80|
|Air date||June 21, 2005|
Episode 79: Earl's Too Cool / When I Was Five
Episode 81: Mrs. McNosh Hangs Up Her Wash/Knuffle Bunny
"It's Red! It's Green! / Joseph Had a Little Overcoat" is the tenth and final episode of Season 5 of Between the Lions, and episode 80 in total.
|COLD OPEN||Gus Bunny raps about some of the words we'll be seeing in this episode.|
|SCENE 1||Leona sees a big bag that her mom asked if she can pick up. Leona doubts it, however. In order to convince her it's possible, Cleo reads Leona "Red Hat, Green Hat" to show her things aren't always as the they seem.|
|SCENE 1 (cont'd)||Leona gives it a try, and she lifts it! It turns out the bag was filled with red and green balloons, making it light enough for her to lift.|
|Insert||The grey hand removes the letter "R" from the word "Red".|
|Cartoon||Sign: rug, rose, rocket|
|Celebrity||Fred Says: rocket (EKA: The Lost Rock)|
|Animation||Rocket-Doodle-Doo (sung by Chris Cerf and Norman Stiles) (EKA: The Lost Rock)|
|Cartoon||The Adventures of Cliff Hanger: Cliff Hanger and the Big Flying Rug (EKA: The Lucky Duck)|
|Film||Real Kids: Kids Say Things That Are Red [red umbrella, red bow, red scarf, red licorice, red dress, red hat, red chili, red ball]|
|Insert||The grey hand puts the letter "R" back from the word "Red".|
|SCENE 2||Leona is going to a party, but can't decide what to wear. She then asks if anyone else has the same problem.|
|Animation||The Information Hen answers Leona's question by reading a chapter of "It's a Pig's World".|
|SCENE 2 (cont'd)||Leona decides she doesn't want to wear anything, and she and her mom party.|
|SCENE 3||Cleo is throwing out some old books, but Leona doesn't want to see them go. Cleo then gets the idea to read her "Joesph Had A Little Overcoat" to show her you can always make something out of nothing.|
|SCENE 3 (cont'd)||After the book, Cleo can't find Leona. It turns out she made an overcoat out of the books. She then goes to make one for Cleo.|
|Insert||They grey hand takes the letter "j" from the word "jacket"|
|Film||Magnets: jar, juice, jug|
|Celebrity||Fred Says (again): juggle (EKA: Hug, Hug, Hug!)|
|Puppets||Monkey Cheerleaders: jog|
|Celebrity/Puppets||Shoot the Game with Teresa Weatherspoon: jump (Versions 3 and 4) (EKA: Bug Beard)|
|Puppets||Gus Bunny sings You Gotta Jump (EKA: Humph! Humph! Humph!)|
|Animation||Balloons: jump, jet, jam|
|Film||Sam Spud: Par-Boiled Potato Detective: Real Jam [not real jim] (EKA: To the Ship! To the Ship!)|
|Puppets||Lionel, Leona, Cleo, and Theo in "Lions Jabbering, Doing a Jig, and Jogging"|
|Insert||The grey hand puts the "j" back from the word "jacket".|
|SCENE 4/Animation||Leona shows her mom her sneakers, which look just like the ones Pig wears in It's A Pig's World. The Information Hen then re-reads the clothing chapter.|
- Leona: Gee, mama. It makes me sad that we have to get rid of all those books.
- Cleo: Oh, me too, Leona, honey. But they are old, and worn, and falling apart, and there's nothing we can do to fix them.
- Leona: Wow, balloons! Hey, no wonder the bag wasn't heavy.
- Cleo: (reading 'Red Hat Green Hat') 'Kendi and Upendo had learned that things aren't always what they seem. Even when your eyes tell you you're right, you could be wrong.'
- This is the second time Joseph Had a Little Overcoat is read. The first time is in Episode 64: Two Coats, One Goat, One Boat.
- The Adventures of Cliff Hanger: Cliff Hanger spots a flying rug in a repeat of a previously aired adventure -- Adventure 73: Cliff Hanger and the Flying Rug.
- This is the last episode to be released on VHS.