|Step by Step|
|Season 4, Episode 4|
|Air date||September 18, 2003|
|Written by||Joe Fallon|
|Directed by||Lisa Simon|
Three Goats, No Waiting
Dance in Smarty Pants
"Step by Step" is the fourth episode of Season 4 of Between the Lions, and episode 69 in total.
Lionel, Leona, and Cleo discover a treasure map that belonged to Busterfield when he was a boy.
- Barnaby Busterfield and the Pigeons
- Martha Reader and The Vowelles singing the zesty short "e"-- "eh"-- sound in the word "vest". (Version 3) (EKA: Quest! Quest! Quest!)
- Fred Says: Rapping Word Family with est [chest, nest, pest, test, rest]
- If You Can Read: pe (sung by Chris Cerf [pet, pen, penny, peg, pest]) (Version 2) (EKA: Help!)
- Missing Letter: wrench (Version 2) (EKA: Help!)
- Brian McKnight and Cleo Lion sing Homophones (Version 2) (EKA: Out in Outer Space)
- Rectangular Bugs: step, pep, pet, get
- Get Your Mouth Moving: short e
- Gawain's Word: net (Versions 3 and 4) (EKA: Help!)
- Holes with Characters: net, bet, bed, red
- Fun with Chicken Jane: Chicken Jane and the Red Elephant (Versions 3, 4 and 5, without or with elephant noises) (EKA: Quest, Quest, Quest!)
- India Arie: Love Is a Outlaw Word
- The Word Doctor with Dr. Ruth Wordheimer: entertaining (Versions 2 and 3, knocking sound added) (EKA: Quest, Quest, Quest!)
- Barnaby Busterfield and the Pigeons (again)
- The episode was originally going to be aired on December 16, 2002 in Season 3, but it was rescheduled back to September 18, 2003 in Season 4.
- This is the last season and episode is about the short "E" sound.
- This is the last appearance of the word family "est".