|Huff and Puff|
|Season 3, Episode 6|
|Air date||October 21, 2002|
You Can't Catch Me!
Out in Outer Space
"Huff and Puff" is the sixth episode of Season 3 of Between the Lions, and episode 61 in total.
|SCENE 1||The Lions are about to go out and play soccer, when Leona wants her dad to read her The Three Little Pigs, her favorite story. So, he does before the game.|
|SCENE 1 (cont'd)||Leona wants to know what happened next, so Theo encourages her to write a sequel. She doesn't know what that is, though. So, Heath the Thesaurus teaches her.|
|Insert||The grey hand takes the letter "u" from the word "puff".|
|Puppets||Martha Reader and The Vowelles cutting a rug with the short "u"-- "uh"-- sound in the word "bug". (Version 3) (EKA: Bug Beard)|
|Cartoon||If You Can Read: ug|
|Celebrity||The Albrecht Roser Puppet Series: Albrecht Roser, the Pup and the Bug (Version 3) (EKA: Bug Beard)|
|Celebrity||14 Karat Soul: Short U (dum dum dum) (Version 3) (EKA: Bug Beard)|
|Insert||Stage: hum, hug, tug, tuck|
|Celebrity||Fred Says: stuck|
|SCENE 2||After the game, Leona reads the rest of the family her sequel. In it, the wolf gets surgery and can no longer huff and puff, due to this, he becomes nice and befriends the three little pigs.|
|SCENE 2 (cont'd)||Lionel claims it was the saddest story he ever heard, as now the wolf could no longer huff and puff. So, Cleo recommends he write his own sequel.|
|Celebrity||Get Your Mouth Moving: short u|
|Film||Gawain's Word: jump (Version 3) (EKA: Humph! Humph! Humph!)|
|Celebrity/Puppets||Shoot the Game with Teresa Weatherspoon: jump (Versions 3 and 4) (EKA: Bug Beard)|
|Insert||Newton's Cradle: jump, hump, hum, yum|
|Cartoon||Little Wendy Tales: Let's Eat (Versions 1 and 2)|
|Celebrity/Puppets||A word from television star Ms. Vanessa Williams: bunny (Versions 1, 2 and 3 without or with boing sound added)|
|Insert||The grey hand puts the "u" back from the word "puff".|
|SCENE 3||Lionel has finished his sequel, entitled The Three Little Pigs Meet the Wolfinator: A Sequel. He then reads it to the whole library.|
|SCENE 3 (cont'd)||After Lionel leaves, the real Wolfinator arrives, and makes a mess by blowing stuff around in the library.|
|SCENE 4||Walter and Clay Pigeon enter the roof, with the former claiming to be "The Pigeonator". He proves this by huffing and puffing and blowing Busterfield on his side!|
The Three Little Pigs (traditional folk tale)
- This is the last season and episode to feature the short "U" sound.
- This is the last appearance of the word family "ug".
- Heath is played by a different, unknown performer in this episode. It is also his final appearance in new material.
- The Wolfinator is a parody of "The Terminator", played by Arnold Schwarzenegger in the film series of the same name.
- This episode aired a year before the release of the Arnold Schwarzenegger film Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines.
- The stories, sequels, grey hand segment and two segments from this episode appeared in a season 10 episode.
- This episode was released on VHS on April 26, 2005, along with it's 14 other episodes.
- This episode was released on VHS on June 7, 2005, along with Zoop! Zoop!, Oh, Yes, It Can! and Help!.
- This episode was released on the Complete Third and Fourth Seasons 3-Disc DVD Boxset on January 13, 2009, along with Seasons 3 and 4's other 14 episodes.