|You Can't Catch Me!|
|Season 3, Episode 5|
|Air date||October 14, 2002|
Huff and Puff
"You Can't Catch Me!" is the fifth episode of Season 3 of Between the Lions, and episode 60 in total.
After Leona receives the book "The Gingerbread Man" for her birthday, she becomes depressed when the fox (at the end of the story) ate up the gingerbread man. Leona is sad when the gingerbread man got eaten by the fox and so does the gingerbread man himself. The gingerbread man was sad too when the fox ate him. And Leona can't enjoy her birthday party.
- Martha Reader and The Vowelles singing the fabulous short "a"-- "ah"-- sound in the word "hat". (Versions 3 and 4, with police or magician hat) (EKA: Rats!)
- Replaced Letter Songs: The Madison Cats (Version 5) (EKA: The Sad Dad)
- Dunderhead Lab with Dr. Nitwhite and Watson: Words with at (Version 2) (EKA: The Sad Dad)
- Rectangular Bugs: scat, cat, catch
- Fred Says: scratch
- The Word Doctor with Dr. Ruth Wordheimer: flabbergasted
- Barnaby Busterfield and the Pigeons: man, sad, Oh, happy day
- Get Your Mouth Moving: short a (Version 1)
- Missing Letter: hands (Version 1)
- Marmy's Poetry Corner: Hands [hands understand]
- Dance in Smarty Pants (Version 5)
- Larry the King of Beasts Live with Larry King and Larry the King of Beasts: Radio with the Letters W-H [who, what, where, when, why]
- Barnaby Busterfield and the Pigeons (again)
- Party, Party, Party
- Happy Birthday Dance!
- It's Time to Say Good-Bye to the Gingerbread Man
The Gingerbread Man (traditional folk tale)
(After the story finishes. The fox --at the end of the story-- ate up the gingerbread man. And the gingerbread man, he was sad.)
Leona: (depressed) Oh...! Poor gingerbread man! But it was his own fault! He was so sure that nobody could catch him! And he wasn't careful!
Lionel: It's a cookie, It's supposed to get eaten.
Dan Elias: There's nothing that you can do more valuable for kids than read to them every day.
Lionel: Be a designated reader.
Theo: (singing) Remember any time we love anyone is time well spent.
Leona: (singing) Don't want to say goodbye to the Gingerbread Man / He was cute and smart and funny / He was my favorite part / It was a story that I loved with all my heart.
Cleo: Now, now, Leona. Look. Don't you think it would be more fun to wait until the party starts? Then you can open all of your presents at once. Uh, don't you think that would be more fun?
Leona: Hmm, wait to open it, huh?
Cleo, Leona, Lionel and Theo: Nah!
Leona: Come on!
Theo: Get him!
Cleo: Oh, that's it! Oh, that's my huntress!
- The Gingerbread Man appears while revealing the episode title at the beginning of the episode.
- A flashback of from the episode was seen in the Season 6 episode, Episode 89: The Coyote and the Rabbit/The Gingerbread Man.
- This is the third time where Walter and Clay are laying down. The first was Episode 34: Icarus's Wings and the second was Episode 42: Oh, Yes, It Can!.
- Anthony Asbury - Lionel Lion
- Pam Arciero - Leona Lion
- Tim Lagasse - Theo Lion (new footage), Arty Smartypants, Barnaby B. Busterfield III, Johnny Consonanti, Watson, hands
- Jennifer Barnhart - Cleo Lion
- Heather Asch - Marmy Smartypants, Clay Pigeon
- Tyler Bunch - Dr. Nitwhite
- Jim Kroupa - Walter Pigeon, Monkey
- Fred Newman - himself
- Dr. Ruth Westheimer - Dr. Ruth Wordheimer
- Susan Licci - herself
- Dan Elias - himself
- Al Franken, Oliver Platt, India Arie, Steve Carell, Melissa Etheridge, Mo Lewis, Kelly Ripa, Mo Rocca, Meredith Viera - Smarty Pants dancers
- Larry King - himself