Stop That Chicken! is the twenty-fifth and final episode of Season 2 of Between the Lions, and episode 55 in total.
|Stop That Chicken!|
|Season 2, Episode 25 (season finale)|
|Air date||May 4, 2001 (season finale)|
|Written by||Sarah Durkee|
|Directed by||Ted May|
Episode 54: The Chess Mess
Episode 56: Hay Day
Chicken Jane flies out of her book into Colonial America, Sleeping Beauty, and Cook a Lot Like Me by Molly Stewpot.
Segments and Songs
- Fun with Chicken Jane: Chicken Jane and the Pond (Versions 2 and 3, with highlights; part 1) (EKA: Bobby the Hopping Robot)
- Barnaby B. Busterfield III: Stop that chicken!
- Colonial America (with highlights; part 1)
- If You Can Read: op
- Arty Smartypants: Hop, Hopping, Hopped, Hopper, Grasshopper (Versions 3 and 4, four or five words) (EKA: Bobby the Hopping Robot)
- The Monkey Pop-Up Theater: Irish Step Dance with the Short O (Version 2) (EKA: Bobby the Hopping Robot)
- The Word Doctor with Dr. Ruth Wordheimer: hot/not (Versions 1, 2 and 3)
- Get Your Mouth Moving: Fred and the Freds (Versions 3 and 4) (EKA: The Spider and the Lie)
- Colonial America (with highlights; part 2)
- Sleeping Beauty (with highlights)
- Replaced Letter Songs: Ollie the Ox (Version 2) (EKA: Bobby the Hopping Robot)
- Fred Says: robot
- Sky: robot, rot, hot, not (Versions 1 and 2)
- Vowel Boot Camp: Camp Hoppa-Woppa-Coppa-Nope - not/note (Version 2) (EKA: Bobby the Hopping Robot)
- Gawain's Word: golf (Versions 1 and 2)
- Heath the Thesaurus and the monkeys sings Ten Little Words (Version 2) (EKA: Good Night, Knight)
- Cook a Lot Like Me by Molly Stewpot: Cooking with the Short E and the Short O Sounds (with highlights)
- Fun with Chicken Jane: Chicken Jane and the Pond (Versions 2 and 3, with highlights; part 2) (EKA: Bobby the Hopping Robot)
- Barnaby Busterfield and the Pigeons: on top of a head
Chicken Jane and the Pond
Spell the Words
Blending Words with the Others
Say the Words
- bell tower
- Kiss her
- Lionel: Mom, Dad, Leona, Look, look, look in the book.
- Theo: She was on that page earlier.
- Click: Oh, dear. She flew into "Cook a Lot Like Me" by Molly Stewpot.
- Everyone: A chicken....in a cookbook?!
- Molly Stewpot: I need more jelly! What is the matter with you, people?
- This is the last episode to feature the short "O" sound.
- This is the last appearance of the word family "op".
- This is the last episode until Pigs, Pigs, Pigs! / The Three Little Pigs where Peter Linz performs Theo. Tim Lagasse takes over for Seasons 3 and 4.
- This is also the last time Kathryn Mullen performs Leona.
- This is the only time a Fun with Chicken Jane book opened without the theme song, though this segment was previously featured with the theme song in Bobby the Hopping Robot.
- This is the third episode that the gray hand grabs the letters from a segment; the first was The Hopping Hen, and the second was Five, Six, and Thistle Sticks.
- Broadway actress Polly Adams guest stars as Molly Stewpot.
- This episode was released on VHS on October 30, 2001, along with it's 24 other episodes.
- This episode was released on reprint VHS on October 1, 2002, along with the other Season 2 episodes (excluding Dreaming Shakespeare).
- This episode was released on the Complete Second Season 4-Disc DVD Boxset on September 2, 2008. Along with the other Season 2 episodes (excluding Dreaming Shakespeare).
- This episode was last broadcasted on PBS in May 2009.
- Anthony Asbury - Lionel Lion
- Kathryn Mullen - Leona Lion
- Peter Linz - Theo Lion, Heath the Thesaurus, Paul Revere, Announcer Bunny, Gawain, Prince, Monkey Student
- Jennifer Barnhart - Cleo Lion, Monkey Student
- Tim Lagasse - Barnaby B. Busterfield, Arty Smartypants, Sergeant Mark, Colonial soldier, Sir "olf"
- Heather Asch - Click the Mouse, Girl Monkey, Clay Pigeon
- Jim Kroupa - Walter Pigeon
- Jim Napolitano - Monkey Student
- Michael K. Frith - The Word Doctor announcer
- Fred Newman - himself, Chicken Jane, Fred choir
- Jack Berner - Scot
- Kate Berner - Dot
- Polly Adams - Molly Stewpot
- Ruth Westheimer - Dr. Ruth Wordheimer
- Paul Jacobs - Ollie the Ox singer, Spinning Monkey, If You Can Read singer, Monkey Student