|Good Night, Knight!|
|Season 2, Episode 53|
|Air date||May 2, 2001|
The Chess Mess
Tim Lagasse and another puppeteer, Sal, in the theater put on a show with tin knights. Before the show starts, the lion family looks at models of the puppets. However, Leona accidentally knocks over the puppet of Angelica, and Sal shakes his head, implying that he can't fix it before the show starts; Leona feels bad about it.
When Lionel says he can't believe Leona won't get to see the play because she knows it all by heart, Sal gets an idea and asks Lionel if that's true, and Lionel says yes. With that, Sal, as Orlando Furioso, asks Leona for her help; when Leona wonders if he wants someone else's head torn off, Sal corrects her, asking if she will take the part of Angelica, and be Orlando's "fair maiden."
With the encouragement from her family, Leona accepts, and the play is a success. Sal, as Orlando, thanks Leona, saying that she saved the show, and Leona thanks him in return.
- Martha Reader and The Vowelles: light
- Fred Says: lighthouse
- The Word Doctor with Dr. Ruth Wordheimer: delightful
- Barnaby B. Busterfield III: nightingale
- Gawain's Word: night
- 14 Karat Soul: long I [I, I] (EKA: The Spider and the Lie)
- Word Machine: knight, right, ride
- The Lone Rearranger Rewrites Again: Cowboys Must Ride Horses Into The Corral (EKA: The Spider and the Lie)
- Construction: ride, tide, time
- Information Hen tells time (EKA: The Spider and the Lie)
- Heath the Thesaurus sings Ten Little Words
- Fred Says (again): smile (EKA: The Spider and the Lie)