|Red Hat, Green Hat|
|Season 1, Episode 22|
|Air date||May 2, 2000|
|Written by||Joe Fallon|
Episode 21: Sausage Nose
Episode 23: The Lucky Duck
Red Hat, Green Hat is the twenty-second episode of Season 1 of Between the Lions.
"Lionel reads a book Red Hat, Green Hat about two friends in Africa who go insane that one either side of a farmer's hat was red or green. He wonders why Leona would want a troublemaking hat like in the story either because she doesn't know, she didn't read it, or it's that she can't read and she's too young! When Leona is shown with her own hat (red or green on either side) Lionel thinks it's dangerous and Leona complains about thinking everyone complaining about his own red hat. However, everyone goes insane over either side green or red on Leona's hat she made."
- Martha Reader and The Vowelles singing the short "e" sound from their sensational hit word "bed". (Versions 1 and 2)
- The Adventures of Cliff Hanger: Cliff Hanger and the Bed (Versions 3 and 4, with or without music) (EKA: Episode 01: Pecos Bill Cleans Up the West)
- Robots: bed, bet, pet, pen, hen
- Information Hen sings about birds (Version 2) (EKA: Episode 14: Lionel's Great Escape Trick)
- Fred Says: hen (Version 2) (EKA: Episode 06: The Hopping Hen)
- Replaced Letter Songs: A Farm Boy Named Ben (Version 3, Heath's introduction cut) (EKA: Episode 04: Farmer Ken's Puzzle)
- The Great Smartini: Ten Red-Vested Hens (Version 2) (EKA: Episode 06: The Hopping Hen)
- Barnaby B. Busterfield III: Busterfield is wed to a chicken
- Tammy Lionette sings W Trouble (Versions 3 and 4) (EKA: Episode 04: Farmer Ken's Puzzle)
- Sky with Spotlights: weep, seep, sleep
- Gawain's Word: sleep
- Dr. Bertice Berry sing the double E in "beep".
- Rectangular Bugs: beep, peep, pep, pen, en, ten (Versions 1 and 2)
- The Monkey Pop-Up Theater: Sven Said, Ten Tents, Ted Sent Ten Cents (Version 4) (EKA: Episode 01: Pecos Bill Cleans Up the West)
- Barnaby B. Busterfield III (again): Busterfield is not wed to a chicken
Red Hat, Green Hat retold by Ed Ledbetter
- Lionel: (sighs) I tried to warn her.
- Leona: I made it myself!
- This is the only time (and episode) where Theo said key words and blend sounds instead of Cleo.
- Tim Lagasse is seen on the red side throughout the episode.
- A monkey is shown in this episode reading a Thomas the Tank Engine book "Meet Thomas and His Friends". The book was published by Random House, which was founded by Christopher Cerf's father, Bennett Cerf.
- Peter Linz uses the voice he used for Tutter the Mouse on Bear in the Big Blue House in the Rectangular Bugs segment.