Red Hat, Green Hat is the twenty second episode of Between the Lions.
Plot[edit | edit source]
"Lionel reads a book Red Hat, Green Hat about two friends in Africa who go insane that one either side of a farmer's hat was red or green. He wonders why Leona would want a troublemaking hat like in the story either because she doesn't know, she didn't read it, or it's that she can't read and she's too young! When Leona is shown with her own hat (red or green on either side) Lionel thinks it's dangerous and Leona complains about thinking everyone complaining about his own red hat. However, everyone goes insane over either side green or red on Leona's hat she made."
|Red Hat, Green Hat|
|Season 1, Episode 22|
|Air date||May 2, 2000|
|Written by||Joe Fallon
Episode 21: Sausage Nose
Episode 23: The Lucky Duck
Segments[edit | edit source]
- Martha Reader and The Vowelles: bed
- Cliff Hanger and the Bed (EKA: Episode 01: Pecos Bill Cleans Up the West)
- Robots: bed, bet, pet, pen, hen
- Information Hen sings about birds (EKA: Episode 14: Lionel's Great Escape Trick)
- Fred Says: hen (EKA: Episode 06: The Hopping Hen)
- Replaced Word Songs: Ben, hen, ten (EKA: Episode 04: Farmer Ken's Puzzle)
- The Great Smartini: ten red-vested hens (EKA: Episode 06: The Hopping Hen)
- Busterfield is wed to a chicken, but prefers to not be
- Tammy Lionette sings W Trouble (EKA: Episode 04: Farmer Ken's Puzzle)
- Sky Words: weep, seep, sleep
- Gawain's Word: sleep
- Dr. Bertice Berry: beep
- Letter Bugs: beep, peep, pep, pen, ten
- The Monkey Pop Up Theatre Sven/Ted Said Ten Tents/Cents (EKA: Episode 01: Pecos Bill Cleans Up the West)
- Busterfield is wed to a chicken, but prefers to not be part 2
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Lionel: (sighs) I tried to warn her.
- Leona: I made it myself!
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is the only time (and episode) where Theo said key words and blend sounds instead of Cleo.
- When Clay and Click says they saw the hat with her two eyes saying it was red, Tim Lagasse is shown back behind Click.
- A monkey is shown in this episode reading a Thomas the Tank Engine book "Meet Thomas and His Friends". The book was published by Random House, which was founded by Christopher Cerf's father, Bennett Cerf.