|The Ram in the Pepper Patch|
|Season 1, Episode 19|
|Air date||April 27, 2000|
Episode 18: Hug, Hug, Hug!
Episode 20: A Peck of Peppers
The Ram in the Pepper Patch is the 19th episode of Season 1 of Between the Lions.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Lionel reads a Mexican story called "Ram in the Pepper Patch" to Leona. Suddenly, the Ram comes out of the book and causes chaos around the library. This continues until a patron (played by Anthony Asbury) wants to check the book out, but he changes his mind once he sees that the book is now called "No Ram in the Pepper Patch". The Ram, after imagining his many fans in Mexico freaking out about his absence from the story, has a change of heart and decides to return to the story.
Segments[edit | edit source]
- Martha Reader and The Vowelles singing the short "a" sound from the smash word "jam".
- Fred Says: ram (Version 1)
- Barnaby Busterfield and the Pigeons: Scram ham, scram you ham
- What's Cooking? with Theo and Cleo: Slammed and Rammed Ham with No Yam or Clam (Version 2) (EKA: Lionel's Antlers)
- Sam Spud: Par-Boiled Potato Detective: Raw Hamburger [not raw humbarger] (Version 2) (EKA: Shooting Stars)
- Sky: ham, harm, hark, ark, mark
- Fonix sings The A-R Song (Version 3) (EKA: Shooting Stars)
- Color Patterns: mark, park, part, pat, rat, ram
- Fred Says (again): slam
- Gawain's Word: slam (short version)
- Robots: ram, ham, had, sad
- The Word Doctor with Dr. Ruth Wordheimer: sad/glad (Version 2) (EKA: The Chap with Caps)
- Martha Reader and The Vowelles sing "The Short A Song"
- Fun with Chicken Jane: Chicken Jane and the Bad Ram (Version 2) EKA: Lionel's Antlers)
- Dr. Bertice Berry yell with the A in "ham".
- Replaced Letter Songs: A Careless Young Clam (Version 3, Heath's introduction cut) (EKA: Lionel's Antlers)
- What's Your Name?: short a (Season 1 version 2) (EKA: Lionel's Antlers)
- Barnaby B. Busterfield III: ram
Songs[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Emilio Delgado (better known as Luis on Sesame Street) plays the voice of the ram in this episode.
- This is the first episode where the grey cursor hand pulls out only one highlighted letter from a page of a book, instead of two. This would continue in Season 2.
- Lionel's puppeteer, Anthony Asbury, makes an appearance as a library patron.