Hug, Hug, Hug! is the 18th episode of Season 1 of Between the Lions.
|Hug, Hug, Hug!|
|Season 1, Episode 18|
|Air date||April 26, 2000|
Episode 17: Something Fishy
Episode 19: The Ram in the Pepper Patch
After reading the myth of Pygmalion, the cubs try to help him with his little problem with his non-hugging statue.
- Barnaby Busterfield and the Pigeons
- Martha Reader and The Vowelles sing their number one hit word "rug". (Version 1)
- Martha Reader and The Vowelles sing the short "u" sound from their number one hit word "rug". (Version 2)
- Gawain's Word: hug (Version 2) (EKA: Fuzzy Wuzzy, Wuzzy?)
- Fred Says: juggle
- Stage: juggle, jug, mug, muck, duck (Versions 1 and 2)
- Fun with Chicken Jane: Chicken Jane and the Big Flying Duck (Versions 6, 7 and 8) (EKA: Fuzzy Wuzzy, Wuzzy?)
- Lionel the Reporter with Stephon Marbury: dunk (Version 1)
- Sam Spud: Par-Boiled Potato Detective: Real Tomato [knock at my door, not knuck at my door] (Version 1 with girl watching on TV)
- The Great Smartini: Muddy Bunny (Version 2, with music) (EKA: Fuzzy Wuzzy, Wuzzy?)
- Space: bunny, bun, but, cut, cub, cube (Versions 1 and 2)
- Silent E: cap/cape (Version 2) (EKA: The Chap with Caps)
- B.B. the King of Beasts sings Silent E Blues (Version 1)
- Sam Spud: Par-Boiled Potato Detective with Lionel Lion: knock at the door, not knuck at the door
- Barnaby Busterfield and the Pigeons (again): He needs a hug. Hug, hug, hug.
Pygmalion retold by Rudyyard H. Lugnut, the First
- Tyler Bunch plays Pygmalion.
- During the final scene, Lionel imitates Sam Spud by copying the same segment that was featured in the episode when he said "The name was Spud, Sam Spud, Par-boiled Potato Detective. Suddenly, there was knuck at the door. Knuck at the door?, That's not right, It should be knock". This segment will also be featured in The Fox and the Crow and Be Bop because those episode features the short "O" sound when Sam said "The neon sign outside my window is blinking on, off, on, off" and it should've been on The Lost Rock, Pandora's Box or The Popcorn Popper before this episode. Sam should've said "The buzz buzz on the neon sign outside my window" on this episode, he only said it on The Roar That Makes Them Run.
- When Pygmalion's statue comes to life, she says to him, "Give me a hug, you big lug!" This same line was later used by the bug in Cliff Hanger and the Big Flying Rug.
- The Pygmalion story would later be used in a another episode, read by Lionel to cheer up a monkey named Pete Cliff, who is saddened that his best friend Kathy moved away.
- This is the second time who read a story in Greece, the first was Pandora's Box.
- Lionel: The name was Spud, Sam Spud, Par-boiled Potato Detective. Suddenly, there was knuck at the door. Knuck at the door, That's not right, It should be knock.