|Lionel's Great Escape Trick|
|Season 1, Episode 14|
|Air date||April 20, 2000|
|Written by||Joe Fallon|
|Directed by||Chris Cerf|
Episode 13: Pandora's Box
Episode 15: There's a Fly in My Soup
Lionel's Great Escape Trick is the 14th episode of Season 1 of Between the Lions.
Lionel is trapped ropes and Leona has magic words. But Lionel says he escaped them himself by Harry Houdini. Note: It's true because there was a rope trick.
- Martha Reader and The Vowelles singing the short "i" sound from their zippy big hit "kick".
- Fred Says: trick
- Stage: trick, tick, chick
- Information Hen sings about birds (Version 1)
- Tiger Words: A Truck [truck, not trick] (Version 1)
- What's Your Name?: short i (Version 1)
- On Broadway with Faith Prince and Walter Bobbie: hit
- Sam Spud: Par-Boiled Potato Detective: Terrible Pickle [not terrible pockle] (Version 2, girl watching on TV cut) (EKA: The Boy Who Cried Wolf)
- Gawain's Word: tickle (Version 1) (EKA: Little Big Mouse)
- Seesaw: trick, tick, ick, wick, wish, dish, ish, fish
- Martha Reader and The Vowelles (back again) singing the short "i" sound from their zippy big hit "fish".
- Replaced Letter Songs: Young Tish Had a Big Empty Dish (Version 1)
- Stage (again): dish, dig, jig, wig, wick, ick
- Dr. Bertice Berry (with Heath) yell with the I sound from "ick".
- The Great Smartini: Chicken in a Wig Doing a Jig (Versions 1 and 2)
- Barnaby Busterfield and the Pigeons: Famous Escape Trick, Thick, brick, fiddlestick, tickle, pickle, limerick, magic words do the trick.
- This is the fourth episode that doesn't deal with any particular book.
- This is the first episode to feature the song, What's Your Name? with the short I.