The Chap with Caps is the 12th episode of Season 1 of Between the Lions.
|The Chap with Caps|
|Season 1, Episode 12|
|Air date||April 18, 2000|
Episode 11: To the Ship! To the Ship!
Episode 13: Pandora's Box
Lionel and Leona see Babs Caplan write a story.
- Barnaby Busterfield and the Pigeons: trap a cap
- Martha Reader and The Vowelles sing the short "a" sound from their snappy hit word "tap".
- Fred Says: nap
- Arty Smartypants: Lap, Clap, Flap, Flapjack (Versions 1 and 2)
- Seesaw: flap, lap, clap
- The Word Doctor with Dr. Ruth Wordheimer: thunderclap
- Replaced Letter Songs: A Careless Young Clam (Version 2) (EKA: Episode 10: Lionel's Antlers)
- Sea: clam, cram, crash
- Gawain's Word: crash
- Sam Spud: Par-Boiled Potato Detective: Real Ham and Her Name was Honey Glaze [Sam Spud, not Same Spud] (Versions 1 and 2)
- Dr. Bertice Berry (with Announcer Bunny) yell with the A in "cap".
- Silent E Word Maze: cap/cape
- Silent E: cap/cape (Version 1)
- Fred Says (again): scrape
- The Adventures of Cliff Hanger: Cliff Hanger and the Big Ape and the Banana Drop (Versions 1 and 2)
- Color Patterns: ape, cape, cap, sap, sad
- The Word Doctor with Dr. Ruth Wordheimer (back again): sad, glad (Versions 1 and 2)
- Barnaby B. Busterfield III: cap off him
- Busterfield: Take this cap off for me. Hello? Ah, never mind. I look gorgeous.
- Announcer Bunny: And now, Walter and Clay Pigeon trap a cap!
- Busterfield: What?!
- Clay: Buster, you'd look better in a cap.
- Walter: So we're gonna get you one.
- Leona: Well, I loved the monkeys. (chatters like a monkey)
- Babs: That's very nice, but a story's got to be more than chattering monkeys, at least until it's made into a movie.
- Pelican: Is that (sighs with delight) Babs Caplan, the author?
- Click: Affirmative. That is Babs Caplan.
- Pelican: Oh. Do you think she'd mind if I watched her write with my beak resting on her shoulder, just for an hour or two?
- Click: Yes. She posted a 'do not disturb' sign on my hard drive.
- This is the second episode that involves a character writing a story.
- This is the first appearance of Babs Caplan.