Lionel's Antlers is the tenth episode of Between the Lions
|Season 1, Episode 10|
|Air date||April 14, 2000|
Episode 09: Fuzzy Wuzzy, Wuzzy?
Episode 11: To the Ship! To the Ship!
Plot[edit | edit source]
Lionel grows antlers and they won't come off. Cleo decides to read "Imogene's Antlers" to the cubs and the family tries to help him get them off. Throughout the episode, Lionel keeps hoping it's a dream, but in the end, it all turns out to be a dream of Leona's.
Segments[edit | edit source]
- The Vowelles: man
- Arty Smartypants: an, pan, plan, planet
- A word from Dr. Bertice Berry: an
- Letter Bugs: an, am, arm, art, part
- Song: "The a-r Song" (EKA: Shooting Stars)
- Stage Words: part, pat, pant, ant, antlers
- Gawain's Word: dance
- Abstract Words: dance, damp, lamp, clamp, clam
- Replaced Letter Words: clam, swam, dam
- What's Cooking With Theo and Cleo: Slammed and Rammed Ham With No Yam or Clam
- Fun with Chicken Jane: Chicken Jane and the Bad Ram
- What's Your Name: short a
- Dr. Ruth Wordheimer: enchanting (EKA: Farmer Ken's Puzzle)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This episode is the only season 1 episode without Fred Says.
- This is the first episode where a preexisting children's book is read.
- Lionel makes a Rocky and Bullwinkle reference when he says to Cleo "You're not the one who's turning into Bullwinkle.", causing Theo to laugh. Ironically enough, this episode and the Rocky and Bullwinkle movie both came out in 2000.