|The Boy Who Cried Wolf|
|Season 1, Episode 8|
|Air date||April 12, 2000|
|Written by||Joe Fallon|
Touching the Moon
Fuzzy Wuzzy, Wuzzy?
|SCENE 1||Theo is asleep, so a chicken gets some information to wake Theo up, so he wakes up, but then falls asleep again, so A Chicken Waits soon follows....|
|Cleo reads "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" to the cubs. The cubs want to know how to watch sheep, so they find a book for the boy in the story, as Cleo watches the grey hand take out two letters to a segment...|
|Insert||Cleo sees the grey hand pull out...ig...|
|Muppets||Martha Reader and The Vowelles: wig|
|Insert||Busterfield in a wig|
|Celebrity||Fred Says: jiggle|
|Cartoon||Replaced Words Song: Sig, pig, jig|
|Muppets||Gawain's Word: jig|
|Cartoon||Robots: jig, wig, big|
|Cartoon||The Adventures of Cliff Hanger: Cliff Hanger and the Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear and the Big Wig|
|The chicken tries to wait again, but the monkey and the cannon are not allowed to in the library.|
|Lionel and Leona help the boy how to cry wolf with a song and dance, while Theo is still asleep.|
|Cartoon||Word Stage: big, bag, bat, bit, it|
|Muppets||Johnny Consonanti and The Vowelles: it|
|Muppets||Dr. Nitwhite and Watson: it, in|
|Cartoon||Colored Patterns: it, sit, six|
|Film||Tongue Twisters: This is the Sixth Sister|
|Celebrity||Denyce Graves: is|
|Animation||Silent E Word Maze: pin/pine|
|Silent E: pin/pine (EKA: Episode 03: Little Big Mouse)|
|The Word Doctor with Dr. Ruth Wordheimer: intelligent (EKA: Episode 03: Little Big Mouse)|
|Muppets||Sam Spud: Terrible Pickle|
|Insert||The grey hand puts "ig" back and the word big.|
|As they read the rest of the story, the boy ends up getting in trouble for crying "wolf" and says not to do it again.|
|The camera comes back to the chicken and Theo (still sleeping) and the conclusion of "A Chicken Waits" goes on and the group of singers tell her not to cry for help unless you need it.|
|Theo wakes up from his nap and tells Cleo all about his dream.. and the announcer ends the story....|
|Insert||Walter Pigeon in a wig.|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Cliff Hanger: Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he?
- Fuzzy: I am a baldy-waldy!
- Chorus: And that's why he's called Cliff Hanger!
- Cliff Hanger: Can't hold on much longer.
- Boy Who Cried Wolf: Hey, I'm just a little boy. I don't know if I'm ready to take on such a big job.
- Hen: What are you doing? This is a library, you can't fire a cannon in here.
- French Monkey: Not even on Bastille Day
- Hen: Not even on your birthday.
- Leona: Good point. Studies show girls are better than boys at taking responsibility.
- Lionel: (snickers) No way. How hard is it to watch sheep?
- Hen: (reading sign) 'If you really need help, wake the big lion.' Okay. All right. Very good. Yes, um...
- Theo: (sleeptalking) Hungry! Food! Yum, yum, yum...
- Hen: I shouldn't cry for help unless I really mean it.
- Theo: I had the strangess dream about that chicken.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Cliff Hanger segment "Cliff Hanger and the Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear and the Big Wig" airs on this episode and the next one. Adventure 1465, this installment finds Cliff Hanger asking a bear to let down his hair, only to find out it isn't exactly what he expected.
- This is the only time the grey cursor hand appears in the library before it pulls out the target vowel and takes it to the Martha Reader and The Vowelles segment.
Video[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.