Shooting Stars is the fifth episode of Season 1 of Between the Lions.
|Season 1, Episode 5|
|Air date||April 7, 2000|
|Written by||Joe Fallon|
Farmer Ken's Puzzle
The Hopping Hen
The lions stay up late one night hoping to watch a meteor shower, but they find it increasingly hard to stay awake.
- Barnaby Busterfield and the Pigeons
- Fonix sings When It's an A-R (Versions 1 and 2)
- Fred Says: bark
- Rectangular Bugs: bark, ark, art
- Arty Smartypants: Art, Smart, Smarter, Smartest
- The Adventures of Cliff Hanger: Cliff Hanger and the Wish Upon a Star (Version 1)
- Sea: meat, mat, at, pat, part, park, ark, shark
- Fred Says (again): shark (Versions 1 and 2)
- Gawain's Word: shark
- Sea (again): shark, ark, park, part, pat, at, fat, fight, night
- The Monkey Pop-Up Theater: There is No Need to Light a Night-Light (Version 1)
- Sky: night, fight, fat, at, cat
- Fun with Chicken Jane: Chicken Jane and the Fat Cat (Versions 1 and 2)
- Space: cat, pat, part, park, shark
- The shark barks
- Sam Spud: Par-Boiled Potato Detective: Raw Hamburger [not raw humbarger] (Versions 1 and 2)
- A word from world-renowned mezzo-soprano Ms. Denyce Graves: the (Version 1)
- Barnaby Busterfield and the Pigeons (again)
- Barnaby B. Busterfield III
- Cleo: Lionel?
- Lionel: Hmm?
- Cleo: Are you ready to not go to bed tonight?
- Lionel: Yes, mom!
- Cleo: Good. Be sure your sister’s ready to not go to bed, too.
- Lionel: Okay, mom! (grunts) Leona?
The Night of the Shooting Stars by Arlis Parknark
- This is the first episode, since in which Martha Reader and The Vowelles haven't been shown.
- This is the first episode to feature the letters A-R, "ar" sound.
- This is the only episode when the gray cursor hand didn't pull out a target vowel sound, it just pointed at the word star to look at the "ar" ending instead.
- This is the first episode in which the patrons aren't around.
- The camera guy's hand can be seen in the second Fred Says segment.