|Little Big Mouse|
|Season 1, Episode 3|
|Air date||April 5, 2000|
|Written by||Joe Fallon|
Episode 02: The Lost Rock
Episode 04: Farmer Ken's Puzzle
Little Big Mouse is the third episode of Season 1 of Between the Lions.
The lions read "The Lion and the Mouse" from Aesop's Fables. After reading half of the story, Cleo hosts a question with the lion why the little brown mouse slipped through his fingers and if she would help him on Between the Covers. As they read the rest of the story, and during the rest of the story she helps him out of the net.
- Martha Reader and The Vowelles singing the short "i" sound from their hip hit word "hit". (Versions 1 and 2)
- Barnaby B. Busterfield III: it is coming, it is going, it's back
- Sky: it, lit, lip, rip, trip
- Tiger Words: A Trip to Tripoli [trip, not trap] (Version 1)
- Sky (again): trip, rip, zip
- The Un-People vs. The Re-People: zipped (Version 1)
- Stage: zip, tip, tick, tickle
- Gawain's Word: tickle (Version 1)
- What's Cooking? with Theo and Cleo: Tickled and Pickled Ribs (Version 1, with music)
- World-renowned mezzo-soprano Ms. Denyce Graves will sing the sound of the letter I in the word "sit".
- Stage (again): it, sit, sick, ick, tick, tickle
- Fred Says: tickle
- The Word Doctor with Dr. Ruth Wordheimer: intelligent (Version 1)
- Rectangular Bugs: in, fin, fine, line
- Silent E: pin/pine (Version 1, without announcer says)
The Lion and the Mouse and The Mail and the Mouse by Aesop
- Click: (singing) I am not loud / But still I stand above the rodent crowd.
- Cleo: Pickle the ribs for 24 hours.
- Theo: 24 hours!?
- Cleo and Theo: Nah!!!
- Cleo: Put on bib.
- Theo: 'Put on bib.' Bib on!
- Cleo: Oh, you look dashing, my love.
- Theo: Oh, thank you, my dear. Nosey, nosey, nosey, nosey.
- Announcer: 'It' is going.
- Busterfield: Thank you.
- Announcer: 'Its back.
- Lionel: Hey! What do you say we start a little brown mouse fan club?
- Leona: Yeah!
- Click: I do not have a fan club.
- Click: The Complete History of Dinosaurs.
- Theo: Dinosaurs? Ooh, yummy again. Boy, I've always wanted to learn more about dinosaurs. Maybe I'll just take a little peeky-poo. Hee hee.
- Click: Charlotte's Web.
- Theo: Yummy. That's one scrumptious book.
- This is the first episode to feature the short "I" sound.
- The scene of Click saying "There are 59 books here." was also featured in the bumper for the show's website in all episodes from 2000-2003.
- This is the first time the grey hand takes two letters instead of three.
- During the song, Click does the parody to Disney Princess musicals (The Little Mermaid or Frozen II).
- When Cleo gets trapped in the hunter's net in the book, There was a green screen error as the green screen is seen in the closeup of Cleo's feet and it appears for a few seconds when she gets caught in the net before going back to the jungle in the book.
- As Fred walks into frame at the beginning of the Fred Says segment, the boom mic is visible.