|The lion and the mouse|
|Season 1, Episode 3|
|Air date||April 5, 2000|
|Written by|| Joe Fallon
Episode 02: The Lost Rock
Episode 04: Farmer Ken's Puzzle
"The Lion and the Mouse" is Episode 3 of Between the Lions.
The lions read "The Lion and the Mouse". After reading half of the story, Cleo hosts a question with the lion why the little brown mouse slipped through his fingers and if she would help him on Between The Covers. As they read the rest of the story, and during the rest of the story she helps him out of the net.
- Martha Reader and The Vowelles: hit
- Barnaby B. Busterfield III: it is coming
- Sky Words: it, lit, lip, rip, trip
- Tiger Words: trip [not trap]
- Sky Words (again): trip, rip, zip
- The Un-People: unzipped, rezipped
- Stage Words: zip, tip, tick, tickle
- Gawain's Word: tickle
- What's Cooking?: Tickled and Pickled Ribs
- Denice Graves: sit
- Stage Words (again): sit, sick, tick, tickle
- Fred Says: tickle
- Dr. Ruth Wordheimer: intelligent
- Letter Bugs: in, fin, fine, line
- Silent E: pin/pine
- Click: (singing) I am not loud / But still I stand above the rodent crowd.
- Cleo: Pickle the ribs for 24 hours.
- Theo: 24 hours!?
- Cleo and Theo: Na!!!
- Cleo: Put on bib.
- Theo: 'Put on bib.' Bib on!
- Cleo: Oh, you look dashing, my love.
- Theo: Oh, thank you, my dear. Nosey, nosey, nosey, nosey.
- Announcer: 'It' is going.
- Busterfield: Thank you.
- Announcer: 'Its back.
- Lionel: Hey! What do you say we start a little brown mouse fan club?
- Leona: Yeah!
- Click: I do not have a fan club.
- Click: The Complete History of Dinosaurs.
- Theo: Dinosaurs? Ooh, yummy again. Boy, I've always wanted to learn more about dinosaurs. Maybe I'll just take a little peeky-poo. Hee hee.
- Click: Charlotte's Web.
- Theo: Yummy. That's one scrumptious book.