|The Lost Rock|
|Season 1, Episode 2|
|Air date||April 4, 2000|
|Directed by||Lisa Simon|
Episode 01: Pecos Bill Cleans Up the West
Episode 03: Little Big Mouse
The Lost Rock is the second episode of Season 1 of Between the Lions.
|SCENE 1||A rock named Larry flies into the library. He wrote a song; "The Rock Song" and sang the song I'm the Rock Who Rock and Rolled to Freedom.|
|Insert||The grey hand takes "ock" out of rock.|
|Muppets||The Vowelles sing the short "o" sound from their hit word "sock".|
|Insert||Barnaby B. Busterfield III: sock music
The sock annoys Busterfield.
|Cartoon||The Un-People vs. The Re-People: locked (Version 1)|
|Celebrity||Fred Says: clock|
|Insert||Sky: clock, lock, mock, mom|
|Muppets||Dunderhead Lab with Dr. Nitwhite and Watson:
Words with the Short O and the Letters O-W (Version 1)
|Song||What's Your Name?: short O
(Version 1, with kids says)
|SCENE 2||The Lion family and Larry the Lost Rock watch the video "Rocket-Doodle-Doo".
Rocket-Doodle-Doo (Version 1) (sung by Chris Cerf)
|Insert||Meanwhile, the Information Hen talks about coming to the library.|
|Celebrity||Dr. Bertice Berry sing the double O in "tooth".
(Versions 1 and 2)
|Cartoon||Tiger Words: A Tube of Toothpaste
[toof or tooth] (Version 1)
|Muppets||Sam Spud: Par-Boiled Potato Detective: Cool as a Cucumber
[cowl or cool] (Version 1)
|Insert||Girl: "Mom, there's that talking potato with no mouth again. This incessant word play's making me queasy."
Kid's mother: "It's educational television, dear! Remember, sometimes things that are good for us are hard to swallow!"
|Song||Fonix sings Double O, OO (Version 1)|
|Insert||Space: oo, hoot, root, rot, rock, rocket (Versions 1 and 2)|
|Celebrity||Fred Says: rocket|
|Insert||Sky: rocket, rock, sock, stock, stop|
|The Word Doctor with Dr. Ruth Wordheimer:
stop, hop (Version 1)
|Muppets||The Great Smartini: Popping Popcorn (Version 1)|
|Insert||The grey hand puts "ock" back in the paper.|
|SCENE 3||He sing My Rock and Rollin' Days Are Over and finally rolled backed into the dictionary book, which is his home. In the end, Steve the Bowling Ball rolled down the stair banister.|
|Insert||Barnaby B. Busterfield III (again): clock music, tick, tock, tick, tock
Busterfield likes the tick and tock.
- This is the first episode to feature the short "O" sound.
- This is the first episode in which Martha Reader wasn't shown with The Vowelles.
- This is the first episode that does not involve a storybook being read.
- This episode is the only episode without Gawain's Word.
- This is the first episode to feature the song, What's Your Name? with the short O.
- This is the first episode in which Barnaby B. Busterfield III was shown without Walter and Clay.
- This is the first episode where Click doesn't appear in.
- This episode marks the first appearance of The Fonix, both in The Library and in the Song Double O, OO.
- The Un-People vs. The Re-People segment is later seen in The Popcorn Popper and Be Bop (both in Season 1).
- The Dunderhead Lab with Dr. Nitwhite and Watson segment is later seen in Pandora's Box and Be Bop (both in Season 1).
- The What's Your Name? song is later used in Pandora's Box, The Fox and the Crow and Be Bop (all in Season 1).
- The Rocket-Doodle-Doo Music Video is later seen in Touching the Moon and Be Bop (both in Season 1).
- The Tiger Words segment is later seen in Touching the Moon.
- The Sam Spud: Par-Boiled Potato Detective Segment is later seen in Touching the Moon.
- The Fonix Music Video is later seen in Touching the Moon and Pandora's Box (both in Season 1).
- The Word Doctor with Dr. Ruth Wordheimer segment is later seen in Be Bop.
- The Arty Smartypants (segment) is later seen in The Popcorn Popper and Be Bop (both in Season 1).
- This episode was released on VHS on June 12, 2001, along with The Lucky Duck.
- This episode was released on reprint VHS on October 1, 2002, along with The Ram in the Pepper Patch, Red Hat, Green Hat, Little Big Mouse and The Lucky Duck.
- This episode was released on the Complete First Season 5-Disc DVD Boxset on January 8, 2008. Along with Season 1's other 29 episodes.
- This episode was released on the 2014 DVD Vowel Power, along with it's other 4 episodes The Chap with Caps, Pecos Bill Cleans Up the West, Little Big Mouse and Fuzzy Wuzzy, Wuzzy?.
- This is one of the many episodes from Season 1 where Fred Says is shown twice. The others being Shooting Stars, The Hopping Hen, Touching the Moon, The Chap with Caps, Pandora's Box, There's a Fly in My Soup, The Ram in the Pepper Patch, Piggyback, Piggyback, The Fox and the Crow and Be Bop.
- This episode was last broadcasted on PBS in Either March or April 2009.
- This episode aired the same Day as Sesame Street Episode 3887 (With Elmo's World Episode: Babies).