|Pecos Bill Cleans Up the West|
|Season 1, Episode 1 (show premiere)|
|Air date||April 3, 2000 (season premiere)|
|Written by||Joe Fallon|
|Directed by||Lisa Simon|
Episode 02: The Lost Rock
|SCENE 1||Theo reads "How Pecos Bill Cleaned Up the West" to the gang, then they sing a song about how he was the best, then rest.|
|Insert||The grey hand (in it's first appearance) takes the letters "est" to the first segment from the word "West".|
|Muppets||Martha Reader and The Vowelles: best|
|Cartoon||Colored patterns: best, bet, bell|
|Celebrity||Pingu Dubs: Carnival Day|
|Cartoon||Water Deck: bell, bet, wet|
|Muppets||VCI: Thomas The Tank Engine Promo 1993|
|Muppets||The Leotits: Good Clean Fun|
|Cartoon||Colored Patterns (again): rest, best, bet, bed|
|Cartoon||Mikey Likes It: The Grinch Movie Vlog|
|SCENE 2||Lionel and Leona are practicing rope wrestling, until they capture a customer of the library, and when they find out about Pecos Bill, When Click drags and drops him out, a tornado comes out of the book!|
|Insert||Walter and Clay parody the song to "Buster is the Best", until the paper tornado hits Buster's hat and them away!|
|Cartoon||Replaced Sky Words: west, chest, chess, mess, e|
|Muppets||Martha Reader and The Vowelles (again): mess|
|Sis Vs Bro with Karina and Ronald: Our Daily Routine in Alphabetical Order|
|Celebrity||Dr. Bertice Berry: yell|
|Song||Pingu Dubs Season 3 Intro|
|Cartoon||Pingu Dubs: Spreading Your Wings|
|Muppets||The Super Sproutlet Show: No One’s Lazy In Lazytown|
|Insert||The grey hand puts "est" back|
|The tornado is still happening, so Cleo and Theo write a story and song called "How Pecos Bill cleaned up the library mess", then they send Lionel and Leona to bed.|
- Leona: (singing) Click clicked with her trickiest, slickest click / And dragged and dropped that twister quick.
- Busterfield: I am not a cowboy. I am Barnaby B. "Don't Call Me Buster" Busterfield III, founder of this library. Get this hat off my head this instant!
- Pecos Bill: Story's not true. Never happened. Never could happen. It's a tall tale. I'm just a paper hero.
- Cleo: Stay calm. We're having a technical problem. A slight tornado. Perfectly harmless.
- Theo: Bill said to Tess, "I must confess. If there's one thing I detest, it's a mess."
- Theo: Pecos Bill was the best. The best in the west.
- Cleo: Oh. Sweet Nursery Rhymes for Sleepy Cubs. Sounds nice, doesn't it, Leona?
- Lionel: (singing) Gonna read a story before bed.
- Female Monkey Singer: (singing) Let's start with our favorite vowel, a pretty good place to start.
- The first season marked:
- The show is similar to Sesame Street.
- The first episode to be filmed on the WGBH era.
- The first time, Theo reads his sing-along book.
- The puppeteers of the Jim Henson Company Kathryn Mullen, Anthony Asbury and Tim Lagasse are credited.
- The "Sesame Street" puppeteers Heather Asch, Jennifer Barnhart (before joining the "Sesame Street" cast in 2001), Matt Vogel, Peter Linz, Rick Lyon, and Tyler Bunch are credited.
During The Monkey Pop Up Theatre segment, the female monkey singer remarks the line, Let's start with our favorite vowel, a pretty good place to start. It is similar to Let's start at the very beginning. A very good place to start From the song, Do Re Mi from the 1965 movie: The Sound of Music.